Another year gone by, and that means it’s time again for the obligatory top-posts-of-the-year lists.
These roundups may be overdone, but personally I like doing one because it is interesting to look back and see what made an impression.
With that in mind, here are my top 10 posts of 2012 by pageviews:
- The Best Free Tools for Twitter Analytics
- Beyond Facebook Insights: Useful Facebook Analytics Tools
- News Organizations on Google+: Which Pages Get the Most Engagement?
- 5 Ways that Social Media Impacts SEO
- The Fastest and Slowest News Sites in 2012
- Media Relations Gone Wrong: How Not to Pitch a Journalist (Video)
- 5 Good Ideas for News Media Facebook Pages
- 8 Social Media Questions Publishers Should Be Asking Themselves
- SEO Metrics for Publishers: How are You Tracking and Measuring Success?
- Publisher Survey: Reddit Traffic Way Up, Digg Way Down
The Facebook analytics tools post is actually from December 2011 but since it was a top performer this year I’m letting it make the list.
I’d also like to give a shout-out to my press release buzzwords post from 2010 which continues to do well. It pulled in the second most pageviews of any post this year. Thank you search referrals!
5 Ways that Social Media Impacts SEO was the big winner in terms of social traction; 500+ tweets is a lot for me.
And the most fun to do award (yes, I’m giving out awards now) goes to the media relations gone wrong video. I was recently contacted by a global communications firm that wants to use it in their training program on media relations fundamentals.
As a side note, I also wrote five columns for Search Engine Land this year on enterprise SEO, which was a good experience.
This was a challenging year in terms of keeping up with workload. That’s good for business but it means certain things had to give, and this blog was one of them. So I didn’t publish here as frequently as I’d have liked, but I still managed to put out some posts that I was happy with.
I hope you found some of them useful.
To everyone that sent a pageview, comment, link or social share my way this year, thank you, I appreciate it.
Have a great 2013.